Benefits and Advantages of Restoring vs. Replacing
At SERVPRO we strive to save more and replace less. To someone with less knowledge and experience, it may appear that replacing materials is the best option in a disaster situation. When we assess damage to a home or business, our team will perform pre-testing to determine what can be salvaged or cleaned, such as furniture, contents and structural materials ensuring the most cost-effective service.
Our service can benefit you in the following ways:
- Time: Instead of focusing on removing materials that could otherwise be restored, our drying and cleaning methods allow us to put the customer back to preloss sooner.
- Money: Restoration is much more cost effective than replacement. Insurance policies often have a limit on the coverage to a claim. Restoration minimizes the cost of bringing a structure to preloss condition.
- Peace of mind: Being able to restore precious family heirlooms or favorite items, bring an assurance to the customer that everything will be okay.
- Environment: By saving items and building materials, we minimize what is wastefully discarded in landfills.
- Preservation: Using restoration techniques is a way to preserve the original architecture and ensure character and value aren't lost in the process.